One of the most universally difficult foods to avoid when eating clean is pizza. We are conditioned from birth to enjoy it. Pizza is literally everywhere. You can put anything you want on it. And it’s readily available.
Still, all of the simple carbohydrates found in the average pizza are enough to make one shudder, especially if it’s not time for your weekly cheat meal.
But do you really need to give up pizza? Not exactly.
Enter in Pizza Peppers! All of the best parts of pizza, without any of the waistline gain.
Let’s get started >:)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Turkey pepperonis
- Any other toppings you prefer on pizza
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F
- Grease your baking tray
- Halve and core pepper
- On the baking tray, drizzle olive oil on the pepper, and salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon pizza sauce into each pepper’s half
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with turkey pepperonis and other toppings
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are crisp and tender, and until the cheese is melted
- Enjoy 🙂